Savarkar Wada Visit

Visited Savarkar Wada, Bhagur. I went there for a wedding but fortunately found time. The wada is beautifully made and has a clam ambiance. There's not much to explore academically nor there's museum kind of professionalism. Interestingly, these things make the place warm & welcoming. The place hosts a range of pictures & a bunch of busts, which were average. What I adored about this place is unabashed rawness, floors leveled with soft cow dung, giving a different feel.
The architecture of the house is fascinating, which a senior member of my family brought to my notice. Let me explain. As you can see in one a window & a ventilation point make sure that hot air goes from the top while cool air remains in the house. This was such a simple science rule, brilliantly utilised by our forefathers. The house has lots of what we call in marathi खुंट्या (Khuntya), hangers - a rough translation. Making it easy for the inhabitants to accommodate a large clan. As you can see in my photos a perfect melange of light of dark. Walls of house have secret storage to store piles of grains, making sure the comfort.
I was a hardcore Savarkar fan for a long, but as reading increased and I developed own thoughts, I was drifted away. Alas, Savarkar had always been unfortunate with respect to followers. But that's the irony which makes the legend. Being in this place was emotional homecoming. It is always good to look back & retrospect, what made us. It was words of Savarkar in my case, which made rational rather than right. I will always be debt of his wisdom to making me think & making me 'me'.

Comments